Login and Pay with Amazon Magento extension requires you to have a valid Amazon Advanced Payments APIs account (refer to the Amazon Advanced Payments APIs account setup if you don’t have one yet) and a webserver running a Magento store instance with following conditions met:
- Magento CE (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9) or EE (1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14)
- cURL for PHP
- DOM / XML for PHP
- valid SSL certificate (for Login with Amazon and / or IPN handling)
An additional fix needs to be installed for Magento 1.5. Please refer to the FAQ to get more details.
Amazon Advanced Payments APIs account setup¶
Registering an Amazon Payments Account¶
- Go to:
- DE merchants: https://payments.amazon.de/business/pre-registration-api
- UK merchants: https://payments.amazon.co.uk/business/pre-registration-api
- Click Business and choose
- Click Sign up
- Go through the questionnaire to find out if you qualify for using Amazon Payments, then click Sign up now
- At the moment you cannot add your Advanced Payments APIs account to an existing Amazon merchant account. You have to register a new account specifically for the Advanced Payments APIs.
- Start registering a new account:
- If you see the link Would you like to create a new account using a different e-mail address? Click here, please do so.
- Enter a name for your business. In case this name is already taken, please choose a different one.
- Enter an email address and a password. You should choose a role email address that will be read directly by the people responsible for the Amazon Payments integration. You should avoid general addresses like info@ that are only forwarded to the general administration.
- Choose a secure password.
- Please fill in all requested information about your seller account, your contact information and your bank account or credit card data.
- Please be careful to provide exact and correct data. All information you provide will be verified by Amazon Payments, and incorrect information will delay the verification process.
- After providing all information there will be an identity check on the phone, where you will be asked to enter a PIN.
- Afterwards you can complete your registration
- After your account is registered you will be forwarded to your Seller Central account.
- Please be aware that you cannot fully use your account yet. First you have to provide your identity data, and then the account has to go through the verification process.
Entering identity data in Seller Central¶
To get the verification process started, please log in to Seller Central: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/homepage.html
For a combined account (Advanced Payments APIs added to an existing account), please make sure that you have selected the Amazon Payments – Production View in the drop down menu on the top.
Atplease provide the requested missing information. Especially it is crucial to provide the ID information for all relevant persons.
Verification Process / Verification of all given information by Amazon Payments¶
After successful registration of the Amazon Payments seller account and entering the ID information Amazon Payments will check all information provided. Depending on the information provided Amazon Payments may request more information.
Creating MWS access keys¶
You can generate your MWS access keys in Seller Central. Please go to
Log in again with your Amazon Payments account credentials
Make sure that you register the MWS Access Key for your own account.
Please read and accept the license agreement.
The AWS Access Key and the Secret Key among with the Merchant ID, will be presented to you on the next page. You can always review the key information in Seller Central on thepage.
Registering application for Login with Amazon service¶
Login and Pay with Amazon work together to provide a great buyer experience. To use Login with Amazon you have to register the application (Magento extension) that will be allowed to access buyers accounts through your Amazon Payments seller account. Login with Amazon configuration settings can be accessed through Login with Amazon Seller Central page.
In the App Console register a new application by clicking the Register new Application button. The Register Your Application form will appear.
In the application details page, add basic details about your web site. These details will be used on your website and mobile apps (if applicable).
- Name Shown to Users. This is the name displayed on the consent screen when the users agree to share the information with your web site. This name applies to Android, iOS, and website versions of your application.
- Description. A description of your web site for Login with Amazon users.
- Logo Image File. This logo will represent your business or website on Amazon. The logo will be displayed as a 150x150 pixel image; if you upload a file of a different size, it will be scaled to fit.
When you are finished, click Save to save your changes.
Add a Website to your Application¶
- From the Application screen, click Web Settings. You will automatically be assigned values for Client ID, which identifies your website.
An origin is the combination of protocol, your Magento shop domain name and port (for example: https://www.example.com:8443). Allowed origins must use the HTTPS protocol. If you are using a default port (443) you need only include the domain name of your shop (for example: https://www.example.com).
To add more than one origin (in case you are running domain based multi-store Magento installation and all stores are using the same Amazon Payments seller account), click Add Another.
Where to find the required credentials to configure the Magento extension¶
The Magento extension requires you to enter information about your Amazon Payments account. You will need to enter:
- Merchant ID (aka Merchant Number, Händlernummer, Händler-ID)
The Merchant Token IS NOT Merchant ID.
- AWS Access Key (aka AWS Access Key ID, AWS-Zugangsschlüssel, AWS Zugangsschlüssel-ID)
- Secret Key (aka AWS Secret Key, geheimer Schlüssel)
You can find this information in your Amazon Payments seller account in Seller Central.
You can find the Merchant ID in Seller Central at
AWS Access Key / Secret Key¶
You can find the AWS Access Key and the Secret Key in Seller Central at
You can find the Client ID of your application in Seller Central at Web Settings from the Application screen.by clicking
Configuration required in Seller Central¶
If you’re planning to use IPN for the post-payment processing you need to enter a Merchant URL (IPN endpoint URL) in Seller Central. You can do this at Edit button at Instant Notification Settings. IPN endpoint URL can be obtained from Magento admin at , see: IPN endpoint URL., then click the